Coronocation - maintaining a sense of normality during COVID19 pandemic
We’re facing the uncertainty and concern of coronavirus. Many of us have been at home with the kids for weeks and may be home for the coming weeks. This is a stressful time for all of us. But we will get through this.
I have been home with my three girls and parents while my husband, a physician goes to work. Emotions have been running high! We have been anxious and have given in to guilty pleasures and snacking more than normal. We’re coping.
We are trying to keep a schedule so kids feels some normalcy. The kids do their schoolwork (online!) and then we try and get some fresh air in our backyard or go for a walk. Then there are days where we do nothing but watch movies and play games. One good thing that has happened is that we eat our meals together. No devices allowed! We are talking, laughing and playing tons of board games.
Tips we follow to stay healthy:
- Get enough sleep.
- Read a book or watch a movie.
- Face time a friend.
- Get fresh air.
- Eat healthy but enjoy favourite foods too.
Dealing with Coronavirus related anxiety:
- Don’t watch the news all day! Stay informed but don’t obsess over the news.
- Stay connected. Call your friends and family. Face time them. Have virtual parties.
- If possible, step outside and get fresh air.
- Exercise at home. Many workouts are available online.
- Do activities you enjoy.... read a book, watch a movie, puzzles, paint.
- Find a relaxation technique. Do yoga, deep breathing our meditation.
Our faith is something we are relying on to get through this. We are in this together and we will get through it together. Stay at home to stay safe!