My Neat Health products have no excess fat, and here’s why. Medical News Today reports, “A high percentage of body fat can increase the risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and other health conditions.” Furthermore, having a healthy body fat percentage provides benefits such as temperature regulation, balanced blood sugar, healthy metabolism, and more. And let’s face it… you look and feel better when you aren’t carrying a lot of extra fat.
The 411 on Fat
Healthline reports, “Some types of fat can have a negative effect on your health and contribute to disease. Others are beneficial and necessary for your health.” There are three main types of fat – essential, subcutaneous, and visceral. Each plays a different role in your health.
Essential fat – found in your brain, bone marrow, nerves, and membranes protecting your organs - is… well… essential for a healthy body. Some subcutaneous fat – stored under your skin – is healthy, but too much can lead to health problems. Likewise, a high percentage of visceral fat (Aka belly fat) – the fat stored in your abdomen and around all your major organs – increases your risk of certain diseases and other health conditions.
One of the easiest and most common ways to measure body fat is to calculate your body mass index (BMI). However, your BMI is just a rough estimate and does have limitations. For example, a high muscle mass may create a high BMI without high body fat. There are many more accurate methods to measure body fat percentage.
How to Burn Fat
Burning fat isn’t always easy, but avoiding crash diets and fat-burning supplements is best. Instead, modifying your diet and activity level is a healthier and more effective way to minimize fat and maintain a healthy weight. Here are seven fat-burning tips:
- Strength training – One study found that “resistance training reduced body fat percentage by - 1.46%.” Additionally, strength training has been shown to boost resting metabolism and increase the number of calories burned when your body is at rest.
- Increase Cardio/Aerobic Exercise – Aerobic exercise - swimming, running, heavy cleaning, etc. - provides many health benefits, such as increased muscle mass and decreased body fat.
- High-Intensity Interval Training (HIT) – HIT involves “short bursts of intense exercise alternated with low-intensity recovery periods” that typically lasts between 10-30 minutes.” HIT can produce many health benefits, such as reducing heart rate and blood pressure and decreasing body fat.
- High Protein Diet – Protein – found in foods such as meats, chicken, eggs, and milk - provides many health benefits, such as reduced appetite, increased muscle mass, and boosted metabolism. Our Meal Replacement Barsand Meal Replacement Shakes include the optimum nutrition levels – including protein – your body needs.
- Get More Sleep – Sleep is a fundamental component of health and well-being, including maintaining a healthy weight. For example, Medical News Today reports that in one study, “the participants who, at baseline, reported not sleeping for the same number of hours every night — a phenomenon called high sleep variability — had lost less weight after a year than those who reported a regular sleep pattern; they also experienced less of a reduction in body mass index (BMI).”
- Eat More Fiber – Admittedly, “Fiber has no magical fat-burning properties,” according to WebMD. However, it does help “you feel full without adding a lot of extra calories to your diet. When you have a baked potato (with skin) instead of a bag of potato chips, for example, you’re not only eating fewer calories -- you’re less likely to feel hungry again an hour later.” High-fiber foods include fruits, veggies, whole grains, seeds, and nuts. Another easy way to consume more fiber is with My Neat Health’s high-fiber meal replacement bars.
- Probiotics – According to the National Library of Medicine, “Consuming probiotics could reduce body weight and BMI, with a potentially greater effect when multiple species of probiotics were consumed, the duration of intervention was ≥8 weeks, or the objects were overweight.” Probiotics can be found in some foods, such as yogurt, sauerkraut, and miso. Another way to consume more probiotics is with a supplement.
My Neat Health products contain no excess calories, fat, or sugar. Just fuel to help you lose weight, build muscle, and feel your best. Start your journey to better health today.